Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Arctic Gear

Some of you have asked what does one wear by the Arctic Circle? After a week, here are my suggestions, I don't have my thinsulated jeans or extreme long underwear pants here, but they are a must!






Bass Pro Extreme Condition Tshirt - Worn Over the Columbia Synthetic T-Shirts

Daily Wear - Columbia T & Northface Sweater. This Combo worked During the day with out the extreme undershirt.

My "Orvis Collection" All have a fleece component and did great in the evening...especially the thinsulate denim shirt.

Northface fleece jacket under, Orvis Field coat over (My fave jacket period), a balaclava, and a wolf fur trappers hat.

Baffin Polar boots by night, Awesome Keen shoes by day. In fact, if I wasn't in deep snow I would have stayed with the shoes for comfort. Smartwool socks, simply the best.

Snow Pants (REI)- I would have said optional till Friday night when I took one step too far and wound up in waist deep snow, wriggling to get out...I stayed dry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank goodness you didn't take a picture of you without all those clothes!