Tuesday, March 12, 2013

#1 Hot Photography Tip Learned

#1 Lesson learned last night: The photo will be dark if the lens cap is still on the camera. Talk about feeling like a total dunce. At least I didn't ask Jess how to "fix it". Last night was learning night though. We found a wonderfully secluded area that had a few different angles to shoot from. We were surrounded by giant pines except for an area that jutted out to a cliff, a mini-butte I guess (I've learned nature lingo!). There was also a small road to our right that had no one on it once we settled. I'm still learning obviously, but Jess our leader is the man. He's two for two. I'm ready for tonight, hoping for no clouds and more activity!

From the original spot. Some of my teammates are in the foreground.


On the Butte. The lights are just getting ready. They appear mystically and build.

The road to Valhalla.

Starry, Starry Night.
PS: These are with no post production - they will be done in a month or two.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That night sky is stunning. It is starling to see so many stars in the sky. Truly awe-inspiring!

Jimmydgreek said...

It is awesome. Cold, but awesome!